The Codex Design Style Guide for Wikimedia ensures a consistent look and behavior for our products. Our interfaces are our brand.
The style guide features unique focus areas like accessibility, internationalization, and localization.
The Wikimedia Foundation Design Team maintains the style guide.
Our multi-disciplinary team focuses on user experience design, user research, engineering, information architecture, human-computer interaction, and visual design.
Open to participate
We encourage and welcome your collaboration and participation to evolve the style guide.
You can engage in many ways:
- Contribute. Read contribution guidelines if you want to contribute by designing or implementing system icons, tokens, or components.
- Request a change or provide feedback. File a task on our workboard to request a change to the style guide.
- Explore our design process. Read through our design process and view a guide on how Wikimedia Product designers typically work.
- Read the blog. Stay up-to-date by reading the design blog.
- Follow Wikimedia Product Design team updates. Follow @WikimediaDesign on Twitter.
- Play around. Check out our Figma libraries.