Additional content resources
The following guides inform, supplement and reflect the UX writing recommendations. Check them in case you need more information about how to create content for your projects.
- Wikimedia’s Documentation/Style Guide provides guidance for writing and editing technical documentation.
- This quick guide to certain communication aspects related to diversity, equity and inclusion centered on Wikimedia employees. This is useful for UX writing for a general audience.
- English Wikipedia’s Manual of Style is the manual that outlines style for all English Wikipedia articles (though provisions related to accessibility apply across the entire project, not just to articles).
- Wolff Olins offers an exploration of Wikipedia’s experience principles and messaging.
- Localization links to core technical documentation about MediaWiki internationalization and localization.
- System Messaging is a guide for developers writing system messages.